-->

Thursday, July 07, 2005

"Flower Basket" Pincushion

I made this enormous pincushion yesterday. I had originally planned on applique-ing flowers on the top, but I decided on circles instead (that took long enough). It's still a flower basket, anyway. Here it is naked:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And here it is all dressed up:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I couldn't stop myself from being compulsive about the pin placement. My daughter was helping me put the pins in and I found myself saying things like, "Flower pins go here, sweetie." I have some ideas of things I would like to make out of the rest of the felt. I also found another appropriate fabric for Tie One On that I would like to use with the one I have, but I am having trouble coming up with an interfacing that is lightweight, but opaque. I tried to ask at the fabric store, but I was one of my local fabric stores where the employees tend to be crabby, and got no help. I will have to try again at the friendly, happy fabric store.

2 Comments:

Blogger kath red said...

wow what an amazing pin cushion. my daughter loves arranging my pins in the pin cushion.

Sunday, July 10, 2005 11:59:00 PM  
Blogger Peever said...

You know you're going to make her OCD too, right? ;) I like the finished product!

Saturday, July 30, 2005 7:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

----