-->

Sunday, June 26, 2005

To Do List Update/Back-Tack/Purchases

Guess what I got done from my To Do List. I'll give you a hint: Not the papers. But I did do this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I really wanted to make one after I saw the beautiful basket bags (and this one) that Hillary made, but it gave me more trouble than I thought it would. I should have expected that, now that I think about it, because I hardly ever sew, but I didn't. My favorite part is the rick-rack that my supplier sent me:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Isn't it lovely?

I also made a zippered pouch which didn't photograph very well. That was a little challenging as well, because I never sew with zippers ("Mom, what's a zipper foot?") and I used the wrong kind of zipper; I hope my recipient forgives me. I am sending some gifts in it as well, to hopefully make up for my mediocre sewing skills, and the whole thing should go out in the mail tomorrow.

While I was working on the bag, I made three trips to fabric stores (interfacing, which I ended up taking out because it was bulky, fabric for a pocket, which I ended up taking off because it looked weird, and navy thread because I forgot on the first two trips) and I bought this beautiful Amy Butler fabric:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

To make this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Probably more like the apron on the bottom. However, when I got the fabric home, it seems like there is was way too much of it. I think I could maybe make the skirt instead:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But I think maybe I will just make the apron and if there is enough left over, I can make a matching apron for my daughter. I've found out that my sewing skills aren't what I optimistically thought they were and maybe I should stick with something easier.

I also have this pattern:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

which I wanted to buy fabric for also, since my fabric store finally got it in, but I don't think I should be buying fabric at all until I get caught up with my classes and things. I finished my take-home test and parts of both of my papers. I also got most of the cleaning and laundry done. Only four more days of class!

5 Comments:

Blogger African Kelli said...

Love the nappy bag and the aprons! I hope you'll post photos of both as they progress.

Monday, June 27, 2005 1:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh your backtack bag looks so great - i've been eyeing those basket bags for a while but i'm a bit intimidated by them! anyhow, i have to finish my backtack tonight, gasp. june flew by so very fast!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your backtack project looks great! I love that rick rack too - very Tyrolian. Wee Wonderful has been an inspiration to quite a few :)

Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely backtack gift - I am running late ! Oooops.

Friday, July 01, 2005 1:46:00 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Beautiful. I love that rickrack! Great job.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 12:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

----