-->

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Maybe Not the Best Idea I Ever Had

So I have been collecting plastic bags for a while to make this tote bag thingy. I decided that I should start knitting it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is what I have learned:
1. Cutting up plastic bags takes a while.
2. Plastic strips - difficult to work with.
3. Even though I used larger strips and needles than called for in the pattern, I still didn't need to start another project, because there's no way that I will have it finished before I start student teaching.
4. Not a strong of a "fabric" that I would have liked.
5. I'm still going to finish it and use it and like it, but I probably won't make any more of them.

On a different note, I now live in a two yarn store city. Two years ago, no yarn stores. Today, two yarns stores. The new one is just lovely.

Also, have you seen this?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Lashes said...

Hi, I've just been having a look around at the blogs near to mine and I came across yours!
I've had a quick read and I really like you're blog, I'm going to bookmark it so I can keep visiting. You seem to have loads of great ideas and its good to see the things you've made!
Great blog!

Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger Kristen Painter said...

I agree with the above comment. I was just surfing around and found your blog to be not only interesting but inspiring as well! Makes me want to pick up my needles again. (Although square and rectangular are the only shapes I can manage...lol)

Nice work!

Saturday, October 01, 2005 6:45:00 AM  
Blogger Sayward said...

Very cool. I'm going to bookmark you too.

I've played with plastic bags and plastic wrap before. Did you spin it first? That might have made a big difference.

(And if you're curious, here's a link to my last plastic project.
http://gallery122516.fotopic.net/p20243159.html)

Saturday, October 01, 2005 7:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

----