-->

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

My Camera is Broken

Or else I'm doing something wrong. I don't know what all of the symbols mean... I don't know. I'm super disappointed, because I ♥ my camera and now I can't post pictures of the gifts I got from my secret pal. She sent me some yarn, a cross stitch kit, and some great stitch markers. (I'm really impressed with your wire wrapping skills, Secret Pal!) So thank you very much (!) and I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

Since I can't post any pictures, here are a few links:
These Pick up Sticks patterns look great. I especially like the Calla Lily and the Daffodils. I was thinking about ordering these, but they just got them at my local yarn store. (The manager offered me a job there, by the way, which was exciting because I had never asked to work there, and it's a yarn store. I don't think I could do it though, because I start my student teaching in the fall.)

I wonder how silly it would be for me to drive to the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago. I've never been to Chicago before; it's about 12 hours away. Not a totally unreasonable drive, but maybe it is if I'm just going there to shop.

I frogged by Stashbuster socks. They (it) had been driving me nuts (too many new techniques on one sock, I think) and when I got to the heel and realized that the sock would be too big for a large man with large feet, I decided that I had enough. I'm going to stick with what I know this time and make something simpler. I really like Alison's pattern and I think I'll use that one instead. Cables and my usual favorite 2x2 rib. What a great idea!

I bought this apron when I was in Minneapolis. I first saw it on Wee Wonderfuls. It's lovely. Hopefully, I'll be able to wear it sometime, after I get over how pretty it is.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you like it all. And thanks about the stitch markers :) First time I've tried to make them. Took some practice but it didnt take long to get it right :)

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger Peever said...

That is a pretty apron! I'm guessing it will take several years for you to get over how pretty it is though. :)

Saturday, July 30, 2005 7:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

----